The scope of this project includes all works associated with the replacement and installation of new taxiway lighting on Taxiways...
Cessnock Airport Runway and Taxiway Renewal Works
Cessnock aerodrome, managed by Cessnock City Council (Council) is a general aviation and charter airport located in the Hunter Valley region, an approximate one hour drive west of Newcastle.
Cessnock Airport AGL Project, comprised of the airport’s existing AGL infrastructure being upgraded along with some new visual aids.
The scope of works includes the following undertakings:
- New AGL design preparation and approval
- Preparation and approval of AGL Technical Specifications
- Verification of Compliance
- New primary pit and duct supply and installation
- New primary cabling installation
- New runway and taxiway LED lighting
- New Halogen PAPI installation (single sided, both ends)
- New Airfield Lighting control cubicle (incl PAALC and Antennae)
- New Primary IWI and Secondary IWI installations including new footings
- Commissioning of the all the AGL installation Flight Test of Runway;
- Decommissioning/removal of old redundant AGL Fittings and SIT’s
The pavements and other airfield infrastructure where old and required an upgrade
The work included patching and resurfacing of the runway and existing taxiways and aprons.
New pavement widening and existing pavement reconstruction was also required.
Some drainage infrastructure augmentation, sewer and water extensions, and a replacement of the existing airfield lighting system was also included.
Ancillary works includes line marking and flank regrading